"MY MOOD WAS SPOILT YESTERDAY" BY ISMAEEL AKINTAYO.

Whenever I divert from my usual habit, I pay back greatly. 

Because of my nature, I usually avoid news (most especially sad news), I always find news disturbing and disgusting.


That's why you can hardly see me listening to Radio or watching TV, I am not sure I have ever stayed glue to watching TV for up to 30 minutes at a go in my life.

So yesterday, I made some posts here on Facebook. I timed myself to leave at a particular time, 15 minutes to the time I chose to leave Facebook and face hustles for the day (my Sundays are usually jam-packed with load of tasks)

I told myself let me use this 15 minutes to interact with some of my friends' posts (reading and dropping comments here and there)

Then, I stumbled upon a post of a groom who died some hours before his nikaah (marriage ceremony)

As usual, I dropped my comment praying for him, his family and his prospective wife.

Once again, may Allaah forgive the brother of his sins, pardon him and admit him into Paradise. May Allaah grant his family the fortitude and steadfastness to bear this great loss.

You know death news is always scary, as I dropped the du'a for the brother, I rushed to perform ablution and performed solaat ud dhuah.

I was like let me quickly send this ahead of me. 

Thereafter, I returned to Facebook, like I still I have some minutes. You know playing online is always intoxicating.

3 - 5 minutes, my mind was telling me leave Facebook, open your laptop and start working.

I disobeyed my instincts, I keep surfing Facebook until I stumbled upon another post that stated that the bride of that late brother termi•nated her life by committing sui•cide.

That's the great spoiler of the day for me yesterday. I was down emotionally, I was grief and engulfed with sad•ness.

Not because I know any of these prospective couple from Adam, I don't know them.

But I was sadden by the news of their deaths and this news took emotion side of me throughout yesterday that I could only say I was able to achieve less than 25% of the goal set for the day.

It's not a great news, it's sad news and sad day for me because I imagined myself in the position of the parents of these prospective couple.

How would they feel throughout yesterday? 

What about the sister's fate due to her grave mistake to take her life herself?

It's a sad emotional state for me throughout yesterday, had I know I should have obeyed my mind to leave Facebook before coming across those posts.

Here's my advice for you, my friends on this villa, most especially the young ones (gen z or whatever you call yourself):

Know it at the back of your mind, as interesting this life appears, life is tough and it's not going to be smooth ride for anyone.

You can't always get what you want in life but you can always get what you need or what your Lord want for you (that's the bitter truth)

You need to understand that this world and whatever it contains belong to your Lord and He does with it whatever He Wills, whatever He Wishes, anyhow He Wills and any time He Wishes.

Hence, as you set your goal to achieve what you want in life, always remember: 

﴿وَمَا تَشَاءُونَ إِلَّا أَنْ يَشَاءَ اللهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ﴾

"And you will not, unless (it be) that Allah wills, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)". Surah at-Takwir. 29. 

As you put efforts to achieve success in life, always remember; 

اللَّهُمَّ لَا مَانِعَ لِمَا أَعْطَيْتَ، وَلَا مُعْطِيَ لِمَا مَنَعْتَ، وَلَا يَنْفَعُ ذَا الْجَدِّ مِنْكَ الْجَدُّ.

"O Allah, there is none who can withhold what You give, and none may give what You have withheld; and the might of the mighty person cannot benefit him against You."

When you fail or trial falls on you, remember;

لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله

There is no capability nor is there any power except with Allaah!

Through calamity the believer seeks reward, and there is no way to attain it but through patience, and there is no way to be patient except with resolute faith and strong will.

May Allaah count us among those who show gratitude when they're blessed, repent when erred, and patient when tested.


Malam Ismaeel Akintayo Owolabi, is a Writer, Marketer and Farmer.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

TOP ADs

middle ad

Contact Form