JUST IN: Allow Me Govern Rivers, Fubara Begs Wike

 

Rivers State Governor Siminialayi Fubara has called on his estranged benefactor and predecessor, Chief Nyesom Wike, whom he referred to as my oga, to allow him govern the state.

Speaking on Politics Today, Fubara said there was no need for anybody to destroy things in the state recalling that when Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, was the Governor, Rivers was the envy of all. 

He told the Minister that it was time for governance and not politics noting that he should be allowed to concentrate on governance.

When asked what could have been the bone of contention, Fubara said be would not discuss it but that it bordered on power and control.

He said: “My appeal is that everyone should shield their sword. Even to the Minister, my oga, there is no need to destroy things. He once ruled and the state was the envy of every other state. 

“Another person is there now what he needs is to give his support. After four years or who knows eight years I will also leave and another person will take over. That should be the spirit. 

“When the election comes, you can fight and do whatever. But now is time for governance. We need all the support. We are complaining that Nigeria oil production is low and we are trying to improve our production stage, we have the problems in Emohua and Degema we are trying to manage it and we are now adding in-house issues. This is an in-house issue that ought not to be out.

“We all know the issue. It is very simple. It has to do with the issue of power and control. You have all seen it in this case. If election had been held in Rivers and council chairmen had been inaugurated in a normal situation do we even need anybody to go and obstruct them from entering the secretariats? 

“Maybe there is somebody somewhere who believes that he is higher than the authority in the state. It is all issues of power. I don’t intend to discuss it and I don’t want to take issues with that. I want to focus on governance and manage the situations as much as I can.

Fubara added: ” I don’t think there is any understanding we had that I haven’t kept. There is no understanding that we had that I haven’t kept. Like I said I won’t want to discuss those issues”.

Fubara said though, he welcomed the intervention of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who called for peace, he was worried that only his name was mentioned in the statement. 

He said: “I don’t have any issue with the President intervention. But I am a bit concerned when my name was only mentioned. But like I said since it is coming from the President, I have no comments about it. 

“This issue is simple. It is as simple as an ABC. Everyone in Nigeria and Rivers knows where this issue is coming from. It is not rocket science. The issue is not Fubara”.

Fubara partly blamed the total withdrawal of policemen from the secretariats by the Inspector-General of Police for the violent protest that swept across Rivers on Monday.

He said: ” I believe strongly that with the recent intervention of the IGP we would have peace. Maybe as a result of him pulling his men out of those secretariats was one of the reason why they took advantage of that. If the officers had been there and the elected officers would also have the opportunity to do their work. They should provide security. 

“It was what I was thinking. I was never of the opinion that the Nigerian police should pull out completely. But when they said they were moving out it was what gave the opportunity for these miscreants to take advantage of the secretariats to destroy them. I understand that. They should come back and join hands with the chairmen to protect the councils’ property”. 

 

 

END.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

TOP ADs

middle ad

Contact Form